Being in a diet is not easy. You can’t eat the food you really want to eat because it’s important to stick with your diet plan for a better outcome. Delicious food is one of the weaknesses of people who are into diet and sometimes forget that eating those foods will make their diet plan useless.
Keto is a type of diet that you need to cut your carbohydrates intake and replace it with fats as your main source of energy. When you think keto diet food is boring to think twice because there are delicious add-ons in your meal that you can still enjoy while you are in a diet.
Food is life but when we are on a diet we need to cut some portion of the food we love to eat but don’t worry too much because there are foods that can be delicious add-ons to your meal to make your diet not so boring.
Even though you are in a diet you can still enjoy delicious healthy food that is pro-keto diet. Keto side dishes is very important in your diet plan to survive the duration of the diet plan because the keto diet is not easy to follow since you need to cut off your carb consumption.
Keto Side Dishes
The following are the food that can be an add-on to your meal during keto diet because your side dishes can be your main source of protein and essential micronutrients.
1. Low Carb Yellow Rice
This dish is simple cook rice with spices to give more flavors but cauliflower rice is much better because it contains low carb since keto diet is a low carb type of diet consuming cauliflower rice is much beneficial.
2. Baked Cauliflower Casserole
Since cauliflower is low carb vegetable it’s suited in keto diet side dishes. Baked cauliflower casserole is delicious add-ons to your keto meal. Baked cauliflower casserole is creamy and nutritious but low in carbs.
3. Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Fat Dressing
This is a delicious side dish of keto diet plan high in good fats which keto diet needed as a main source of fuel for energy. To make the recipe easier to serve to make the dressing ahead of time and you can refrigerate it if you are not going to serve yet.
4. Keto Cornbread
These foods are made with leftover but deliciously cook and best for a side dish in a keto diet plan. You can make this after Thanksgiving, Christmas and other events in the household.
5. Lemon Cream Artichokes
To make it more nutritious you can use fresh lemon. This dish is tasty and fantastic.
6. Low-Carb Cauliflower Hash Brown
This recipe is pancake-like but low in carb using cauliflower and butter to make it more delicious and you can forget that you are in a diet for a moment.
7. Butter Fried Kale with Pork (bacon)
Butter fried kale is vegetable with bacon that’s why it’s loaded with fats which is essential in keto diet. But it’s more delicious if you add it with cranberries. Cranberries can add the flavor of pork to make it tastier.
8. Paleo Stuffing
This dish is made of roast chicken with celery and onion.
9. Zucchini salad
Zucchini salad an incredible side dish of keto diet because zucchini has a lot of water contain which is very useful during keto diet because it can replace the washout fluid in the body during ketosis. Moreover, zucchini salad is creamy and yummy.
10. Roasted Tomato Salad
Salads are one of the greatest and common side dish for main course and tomato salad is one of the common salad side dish but this tomato salad has a twist because it’s roasted that can add more flavor in it.
Other Foods You an eat during keto diet:
- Seafood: During a keto diet, you can eat seafood such as fish, clams, and other types of seafood.
- Low-carb vegetable: This is one of the most ideal food you can eat during keto diet and even not in a keto diet. A vegetable is good to our body generally but during keto diet, low carb food is needed to replace the carb you cut from your diet plan.
- Avocado: You can still eat avocado during the duration of your diet plan. Avocado can help to improve cholesterol levels.
- Poultry and meat: You can still enjoy eating meat and poultry during keto diet since fat is the main source of energy.
- Cheese: You cannot eat all types of cheese during keto diet you are only allowed to eat those cheese that contains low carbs.
- Eggs: Eggs only contain less than 1 gram of carbs each. Eating eggs during keto diet will help you to feel fuller within an hour.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is good for the heart and high of oleic amino acid. It is also an antioxidant.
- Pure Greek yogurt: Though pure Greek yogurt contains carbohydrates it is also high in protein and it has a characteristic that can lose appetite and can make you feel fuller within a day that can result in losing weight easily.
- Berries: Though a lot of fruits are high in carbohydrates berries are different because they are low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. Berries are also loaded with antioxidants that can reduce inflammation and can protect your body from different diseases.
- Unsweetened tea and coffee: You can still enjoy your tea and coffee during keto diet but it must be unsweetened. It’s fine to add some creamer but does not drink coffee lattes because this usually contains high carbohydrates.
There are things you need to consider in selecting the right side dish for the keto diet. You need to consider if it’s low carb or not and you should also consider if you can gain other beneficial nutrients from the food you decide to eat alongside with your diet plan. It’s important that you know how to choose the right food for you and the right beverages for the diet plan you follow.