It’s no longer news that everyone takes their diet seriously these days. People aim at losing weight, looking fresh, and staying healthy. But one group of people that don’t joke with their diet at all are models. As you know models earn their money with their bodies. That nice body shape and fresh skin are what keeps them in business. For ladies, it’s more about the diet. While for guys there’s a lot more than a diet. We’ll have a look at what male models need to do to stay fit. Also, we’ll take a look at the male model diet that has helped many male models maintain that body.
One thing that many people admire about models is their body. That slim body is one thing many people envy. And for male models, their packs are highlights of their bodies. All these, of course, do not come on the platter of gold. It comes with hard work and determination. Many male models eat a lot of veggies, fruits, complex carbs, healthy fats, and protein. They consume very little amounts of saturated fats, processed foods, and sugar. One thing you must know is that a male model diet is not a fad diet. It’s a lifestyle. This diet is one that would follow as long as you remain a model.
What is a Male Model Diet?
This diet is all about making healthy food choices. It’s all about choosing foods that would help you build muscle and not gain fat. At the same time, it’s important to eat foods that are rich in nutrients. This helps boost your immune system to function properly. And this is quite important since you would be working out a lot. Let’s take a look at things you have to do in this diet.
- Consume plenty of fruits and vegetables: The good thing about fruits and vegetables is that they are low in calories. So you can be sure they wouldn’t help you gain weight. At the same time, it’s quite easy to consume a lot of fruits and vegetables. Another good thing is that they contain enough nutrients needed by the body to function properly. With the nutrients, you get your immune system is boosted. If you don’t enjoy eating them raw then you can try making fruit and vegetable juices.
- Consume complex carbs: Carbohydrates are the main source of energy for the body. So they are very important in any healthy diet. But when consuming carbs opt for whole grains such as brown rice, oats, and whole wheat. Stay as much as possible for refined carbs.
- Consume enough protein: Protein is also very important in a male model diet. Protein helps keep you full. At the same time, it makes you feel energized for a long period. This, of course, would prevent you from eating too much. Also, more energy is needed when it comes to burning protein. So you would be able to burn more calories when you consume protein. Good sources of protein are fish, meat, lentils, eggs, beans, whole nuts, and yogurt.
- Eat healthy fats: It’s important to know the difference between good fats and bad fats. A moderate amount of good fats such as olive oils, avocados, nuts, and fatty fish is okay. But consuming bad fat found in dairy products and meat is not a good idea.
- Eliminate processed foods: These foods are high in bad fats, calories, and sugar. And they do not contain the necessary nutrients needed by the body. So even you consume them you won’t feel full for a long time. And this would make you consume more and more of these foods. Some of these foods are bacon, white bread, and potato chips. One thing though is that processed foods can be quite addictive. So it might not be easy at first. But with gradual elimination and replacement with whole foods, you can do it.
- Be careful of sugary drinks: Drinks such as soda and juice contain extra calories. If you consume them often, then you’re consuming more calories. A study showed that diet soda increases the risk of gaining weight than losing it.
- Drink enough water: As you probably already know, drinking water helps you stay hydrated. But another benefit is that you wouldn’t eat so much food. Sometimes when you’re tasty your body mistakes it for hunger. So you can try out drinking water when you’re hungry to see if you would feel satisfied. You can take as much as eight glasses of water in a day. If drinking plain water is quite boring to you, you can add fruits like lemon and lime.
Other Healthy Habits to Practice as a Model
Diet is indeed very important. But there are a few other things you can do to improve your overall health.
- Exercise: As a male model you probably already know this. Your diet and exercise should go hand in hand. You should for at least 30 minutes of exercise in a day. You can sure go past that time. As for the exercises, you can do simple exercises like walking, jogging, riding a bike or swimming. But if your goal is to build packs then you have to opt for more rigorous exercises. You can look up exercise routines that focus more on building muscles in that area. That way your exercise would be more efficient. And make sure you are consistent with the exercises. This would help you in maintaining your body size.
- Sleep: This is one thing you shouldn’t take for granted. You must get enough sleep if you want your body to function as it should. When you sleep your body is recharged and regenerated. Your aim should be around 8 hours of sleep. If you think this is too much time then trying increasing your sleeping hours from 30 mins to 1 hour. This would go a long way in improving the state of your body.
For a model, staying in shape and looking good is paramount. That’s why diet is very important. A simple diet mistake can cost a model for their nice body shape. So if you’re a model and you need help as to how to stay fit you can follow the male model diet.